Stoic Book Notes are the notes from the books I'm reading for my next major book, "The Art of Stoic Street Smarts: How to understand others by mastering yourself"
You'll get my personally curated notes, quotes, and commentary from the book.
Sometimes I will read trendy books, but that isn't by intentional design. I read books that support my goal of developing Stoic Street-smarts.
What is Stoic Street Smarts?
Stoic Street Smarts is how you better understand others by mastering yourself. Humans have mastered the physical world.
However, we are behind in how we handle ourselves and thus how we handle other people.
We've mapped the entire human genome, but we can't deal with anxiety or politely disagree.
The goal of these book notes is to collect and explore people's ideas that are:
- Helping us better understand ourselves
- Control ourselves and communicate better
- Better understand one another
- Ideally, a combination of all of these!
I will upload at least 1 set of book notes per month. You'll get an email that notes have been uploaded in an easy-to-read format, along with my commentary and reflections.
Who are the Stoic Book Notes for?
- You've ever asked me for a book recommendation. Many ask for my book recommendations. Well, Stoic Book Notes gives you one better. I'll breakdown and take notes, quotes, and summaries from the books I'm reading that I'm interested in.
- You care about the ideas of Stoic Streetsmarts. Stoic Streetsmarts aims to help people better understand each other by mastering themselves. If that sounds like something that could improve your life, these book notes' ideas will help you tremendously.
- You want to help me be a success. The money collected here goes towards developing the book. This includes but is not limited to research assistance, traveling for interviews with leaders, promotion, proofreading, editing, and any marketing costs should I decide to self-publish
- You want to support me but have no use for my other products. It's only $5/month, and you'll always have access to the knowledge. Of course, I appreciate the support, even if you never read a single book note. But you should.
Stoic Book Notes collection (and growing)
- The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi
- The Cure For Hate, Tony McAleer
- On Killing, Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
- The Hagakure, Yamamoto Tsunetomo
- Thinking in Bets, Annie Duke
- The Tao of Jeet Kune Do by Bruce Lee
- The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli
- The Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzi
Access to my growing collection of book notes